Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting to know the basics

Before getting into game, it's best to know the coverage of courts and gripping the racket well in badminton.

Coverage of courts

The coverage of courts is different in single and double games. In single games, the coverage are much larger than double games, thus it require good stamina.

The coverage of court in double games are lesser as you will be pairing with your partner and each of you will be covering each other empty spots.

Badminton grips

For starters who doesn't really know how to grip the racket well. I recommend you guys to read on the grip article on Badminton Bible.

I personally find that the grip article on this website are very useful for starters or even advance player. It teaches you how to grip the racket correctly as there are various type of gripping for different situation.

This website does not only teach you how to grip the racket, it also teach the stroke used in badminton games along with some pictures to help you understand more. Two thumbs up for this website.

Knowing the basics is the great way to start the game. At the same time, do remember to enjoy the game. I have bookmarked the Badminton Bible website. Have you?

I will be covering more stuff on the next update. Come back again soon!

No comments: