Friday, November 28, 2008

Shuttlecock

Shuttlecocks is a must in every badminton game. One game may use up at least 2 shuttlecocks or more.To reduce the number of shuttlecocks use, the durability of the shuttlecocks is important.

There are 2 type of shuttlecocks,

Plastic:
  • high durability
  • cheaper than feather shuttlecocks
  • lack of real feather feeling
  • can keep for a long period
Feathers:
  • durability varies on grade
  • more expensive than plastic shuttlecocks
  • environment affects the overall performance of the shuttlecocks
  • can't be keep for too long
Feather shuttlecocks are classify into 2 types, goose feathers and duck feathers. Goose feathers are the highest grade available for feather shuttlecock while duck feathers are commonly available in lower grade.

I prefer to use feathers over plastic as the plastic have numb feel when hitting it while the feathers gives a good feedback.

Since feathers shuttlecocks have 2 types, I strongly recommend to go for goose feathers. In Singapore, shuttlecocks price is just a few dollars different. Go for the goose feathers since it have better durability than duck feathers.

As there are many brands offer goose feathers shuttlecocks, it is best for you to find out yourself which brand of the shuttlecock you prefer. Everyone had their own preferences on the stuff they like.

I prefer to use this brand of goose feathers shuttlecocks, what about you?



I will update more stuff next week. Visit again soon!

1 comment:

Chronofreak said...

I only know that plastic feathers are more durable than genuine feathers... I usually break the real feathers when I play... Yikes!

~Shiliang
http://pspblog.livejournal.com